(A poem about the feelings of house when it is a house and when it becomes a home.)

I am a marvellous house,
As lovely as a Mickey Mouse.
Constructed by an efficient engineer,
With a lot of cheer on a leap year,
For his dear and lovable wife,
Whom he considers as his life!

His hard-working labourers,
Constructed me with colours.
The good quality bricks and tiles,
Will surely make anyone smile,
Wondering upon my beauty,
And praising me casually.

I stand gigantic,
Like the ship Titanic.
I can withstand any weather,
As easy and light as a feather.
I take pride in being strong,
And can remain like this lifelong.

On the day of housewarming,
Everyone said,  'I am heartwarming'.
"Ha.. Ha...! ", I felt proud and happy,
To give life to a family,
Who are going to depend,
Completely on me - 100 percent!

The family settled in me soon,
In the month of June.
Father, mother, son and daughter,
My rooms were filled with laughter.
Silly fights and small quarrels,
The next second became laurels!

The love and affection of the mother,
Made me say,  "She is a super mom!"
The cute little kids' smiles,
Took me to miles.
The love and care of the dad,
Made me feel glad.

I enjoyed every second,
And I have learnt a lesson.
The family has given me a life,
A happy and meaningful life,
I am not just a HOUSE now,
I am a HOME -
A SWEET and LOVING HOME!

- N.Aarthy,
  S.G.Asst.,
  P.U.P. School,  Madivalam.
   Hosur.